Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 10 min
Ready in: 40 min
American Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. vegetable oil/olive oil divided use
- 1 cup peeled carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lb boneless + skinless chicken breasts, all cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 fat garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. corn-starch
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
American Chicken Directions:
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a big pan over medium flame.
- Add the broccoli florets and sliced carrots in a pan and cook for max. 4 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Now remove the veggies from the frying pan and transfer them on a plate and cover them.
- Clean the pan with a kitchen paper towel and turn on the heat to high flame.
- Add the rest tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and black pepper and place them to the pan in a single layer – you have to do these following steps in sets. After that Cook all single pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked completely.
- Put the garlic to the pan and cook it for 30 seconds.
- Put the vegetables back to the cooking pan and cook for two more minutes or until the veggies get warmed properly.
- Take a bowl and add chicken stock/water, honey and soy sauce. Wisk all together.
- Take another small bowl, mix the corn-starch with one tablespoon of cold water.
- Transfer the soy sauce mixture over the cooked chicken and veggies; heat for more 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining corn-starch and bring to a boil. Then cook again for a minute until sauce is get thicken.
Now your Honey Garlic Chicken is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves or can sprinkle chia seeds. Serve it hot with rice if desired. Enjoy your food hot!